View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
martix_agent
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanas View Post
I ride a single, plan on getting a better one though. My area is FILLED with hills so its hard, but its amazing to use in the city.
Until you can't stop.

I'm glad to see all the pictures here have have brakes on them. Around here, none of them use brakes and I'm not sure how they don't die. I deliver jimmy johns on a bike around campus and it's definitely the way to go, especially in high traffic/low speed areas. I can go so many places that a car can't.

On a side note, I've ridden fixies and I can see the benefit of them, but I prefer riding a normal bike, I've been doing it all my life and I don't think i could make the adjustment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
I wish I could ride a bike to work. I've only got a 2.5-mile commute, but between having to wear a suit and it never getting cooler than the mid-70's (even that only lasting a month or so), it's just completely impractical. =(
My dad, who is 56 years old or so, rides 10 miles to and from work every day unless it's terrible weather, to his engineering job at Delphi. Apparently He changes in the bathroom when he gets there. If he can do that, surely you can muster 2.5

Last edited by martix_agent; 10-04-2012 at 07:51 PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote