View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
ranger steve

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
First off let me say thank you to all of the people here who are keeping Chaunceys memory alive. My name is Kevin Kumpf and I was a longtime friend of Chauncey and one of the early players on Lightning Force. He was such a close friend that I was asked to say his eulogy. When I look at the photos on this page, I can remember the moments where the idea was launched, developed or produced. The IMP kits for Sheridans were a concept that he and I worked on for a long time together. Many do not know that IMP spelled backwards is PMI .... the very company that he had love a hate relationship with. I remember the first day we were testing out his new bolt - the anti blowback bolt that started it all.... we took it to Tonawanda Splatshot and showed it to some people. One person did not believe us ... he literally took a broom handle stuffed it in the barrel and proceeded to push the gun against a cabinet trying to force the bolt open. It did not budge and the legend was born. What is funny is that I look at some of these photos and personally know these weapons and components. Sitting up at 2 in the morning cutting springs to make ball dents. Working all night to get a new product ready for the field the next day. Chauncey was a wonderful man, but he definitely was a rebel and hell raiser in his day. Sadly he wound up getting an abscess in his tooth one day and like tough old Chauncey never went to the doctors. He wound up becoming somewhat paralyzed by the incident and hence into the home where he sadly passed. He was tough as nails though... I still remember the day he was working on the backhoe and it fell onto him pinning him underneath it. Everyone that showed up on the scene was amazed he did not pass away like an ordinary man would of the injuries. Chauncey was one of my best friends in the world and I still miss him even after half a decade since his passing. I hope this helps you all a little better to understand the man and where Cooper T came from (the name Cooper T was actually a combination of his early partner Paul Cooper and the T from Toombs - both of whom I knew very well).
Thank you for posting Kevin. I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. It's important that we not forget men like Chauncey who built this sport into what it is today.

Thanks also to everyone who has posted various parts and products from Cooper-T. Every time I visit this thread I learn something new.

--- MCB FEEDBACK ---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote