Thread: New frame?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Legolas
Banned

^^^ agreed. I can't say enough good things about that frame. It is my ultimate favorite grip for form and function. Maybe you could do an 86* grip with a humpback/palmswell. one of the keys for me is the thin width of the grip(where your fingers stretch past to engage the trigger ) and the large rounded cut out right were the grip sits in the curve between your thumb and forefinger. 4 holes on the bottom give it plenty of flexibility in mounting. The straight edge of the front of the grip, with GENEROUSLY rounded edges also go a long way to make the 86* grip unparalleled in comfort. Some people liked the finger grooves of your 90* frame, and while I didn't hate the finger grooves, I am never a huge fan of finger grooves in general. Maybe a slightly differently style 90ish degree grip. FATTER too, man! I have piano player hands, not bear paws, so I always appreciate grips that are on the skinnier/smaller side. But, to my surprise, I found your 90* grip to be slightly too skinny. Even 3/16 to 1/4" thicker would have made all the difference in the world. I am planning on making some nice wood panels to remedy the situation.

I hope all of that is not too harsh, just constructive criticism, and, I'm just one dude so, as always, YMMV.

Thanks for your great work jcurt, I hope to influence your future creations!

Last edited by Legolas; 10-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote