Thread: New frame?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Legolas
Elven Pump SDM/DM

^^^ agreed. I can't say enough good things about that frame. It is my ultimate favorite grip for form and function. Maybe you could do an 86* grip with a humpback/palmswell. one of the keys for me is the thin width of the grip(where your fingers stretch past to engage the trigger ) and the large rounded cut out right were the grip sits in the curve between your thumb and forefinger. 4 holes on the bottom give it plenty of flexibility in mounting. The straight edge of the front of the grip, with GENEROUSLY rounded edges also go a long way to make the 86* grip unparalleled in comfort. Some people liked the finger grooves of your 90* frame, and while I didn't hate the finger grooves, I am never a huge fan of finger grooves in general. Maybe a slightly differently style 90ish degree grip. FATTER too, man! I have piano player hands, not bear paws, so I always appreciate grips that are on the skinnier/smaller side. But, to my surprise, I found your 90* grip to be slightly too skinny. Even 3/16 to 1/4" thicker would have made all the difference in the world. I am planning on making some nice wood panels to remedy the situation.

I hope all of that is not too harsh, just constructive criticism, and, I'm just one dude so, as always, YMMV.

Thanks for your great work jcurt, I hope to influence your future creations!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum

Last edited by Legolas; 10-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote