View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
punkncat
Post Whore

Riding recumbent

We have been on the lookout for a recumbent bike for the past year or so for the wife to use. I found a Catrike Road on sale locally. It is a recumbent tadpole, two wheels up front and one in the back. You sit about a foot off the road, very low, very stable. This model has the 9s rear end for a total of 27 gears.

I have been riding DF for several years and really enjoy it. The exercise has done wonders for me having lost over 120#, gone from stage 2 hypertension to pre-hypertension, and my resting pulse rate is now in the high 40's. We picked this bike up for Mrs. 'cat and I have been riding it over the last couple of days to "shake out" mechanical issues. It was practically a brand new bike and the person we bought if from couldn't have gone five miles on it. The minor issues I have corrected would have been taken care of, if so. I have found that I REALLY enjoy riding it. It is so comfortable and so fun, just a blast to ride. It is like riding in a little sport car coming down a hill....going UP on the other hand, well...

I look forward to many hours of enjoyment for myself and the wife with this new purchase. I hope she enjoys it as much as I think she will.

Catrike - Makers of High End Recumbent Trikes in the USA
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote