View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Originally Posted by eddiet View Post
Is the spirit of stock class worth the hassle of stock class?
If by "the hassle of stock class" you mean having to deal with unsportsmanlike conduct, then perhaps you should reconsider the format of the games you are playing.

The "Big Game" format has always been a breeding ground for cheating on multiple levels (wiping, ramping, overshooting, etc, etc.). Just like how the competition of tournaments can bring out the worst in some people, the same is true for big games/scenario games. There are just too many selfish D-bags who play this game with a "win-at-all-costs" mentality. The low ref-to-player ratio at big games gives these individuals the opportunity to throw sportsmanship into the toilet. Once this happens, it ruins an otherwise fun time for everyone else.

I'm betting you're not coming across too many players armed with stock-class equipment at these games who are cheating, are you?

Before you sell off your stock-class equipment and write off stock-class play, why don't you try playing a purely stock-class game? After all, upgrading to a new marker isn't going to stop people from cheating. The true spirit of stock-class embodies honor, sportsmanship and fun above all else. I think that once you align yourself with like-minded players who aren't "in it to win it" then you'll really start to see what the spirit of stock-class is all about.
One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing...
Tactical Assault Command

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote