View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #128 (permalink)
Lohman446
MCBs armed pacifist

Where I play, at least on rec day, refs and players are expected to exercise judgement. If a ref tells you you are out you are out. If I tell you you are out you are out. If I ask if you want to surrender there is some doubt.

One time I walked up to a bunker, leaned over, and looked at the kid on the other side. I told him he was out. He asked me why. I explained to him I was a live player and on the other team. He appreciated being informed and decided I was right. This is the type of behavior I expect out of experienced players. You are welcome to bunker me but there is a time and place (against newer and younger players) where it is not appropriate. I should not have to write a rule for it.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote