Thread: HPA 12g...
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I suppose that depends on the gun, and the co2 setup.

To me, when I think of HPA, I think its less flexible. ie not all fields carry it. Not availible for renegade, or backyard games. Tanks are heavier, and larger. Tanks require regulation (adding to weight, and complexity). HPA Tanks have a shorter lifespan, more likely to have a hydro failure, etc.

But everyones situation is different
I apologize for not qualifying my statement. As I know there are plenty of guns roaming the field today (but, their numbers are dwindling) that are setup solely for Liquid CO2, and simply will not work with HPA without modification.

I wonder though, are there guns that perform worse when using HPA (aside from those requiring liquid)? For example, my Bushmaster requires a solid 850PSI or greater input but otherwise, works fine on HPA- and no shootdown with autotriggering. My classic Spyder with a vertical harness mounted tank, Expansion chamber and regulating remote, and a secondary reg on gun, still managed to start shooting frost, and dropping velocity, when I started getting on the trigger. With HPA, the load got lighter, and it performed better (no shootdown).

I would say logistically, CO2 is way more flexible, for all those reasons you cited. On the other hand, these days, you cannot assume that CO2 is available anymore either (Several fields in my area do not support it), and if I remember correctly, it was not at Living Legends either.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote