View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Flying Dutchman
A man without a mission

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by biftip98 View Post
I never wore workout pants or sweat pants or anything like that. I simply wore my normal mesh running shorts and when and bought some thick knee high socks to keep my legs warm
Never thought about wearing long socks, I like the idea. I'm the kind that wears shorts as long as possible, well into the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biftip98 View Post
On a side note, if its winter your prob. running in the dark or low light conditions. Take some steps to protect yourself. I used to run with a flashlight, not so I could see but so cars would see the light flickering and know I was there. I eventually bought a little bike light that flashed red that I could clip onto my sleeve or shorts. I even went so far as to get some reflective tape and put some on my sleeves and shorts, but I was running by a major thru road in my town so I wanted to be extra careful.

Hope this all helps.
Good call, I am fortunate enough to have a groomed trail or two within 500m of my place, so I'm not to worried about being seen by cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666
You'll look like a massive douche, but just get UA ColdGear Compression from head to toe. They even have a facemask. Just throw some splash pants and something with a windproof liner over it and you're good to go.
I dont know about head to toe, but definatly getting some UA, I love my HeatGear.

When I'm talking colder weather for my southern friends, I'm talkin 5 to -20 or -30 celsius, or about 40 to -5 or -22 fahrenheit. Its not that bad lol It is to cold to do my static exercises out doors, but nice for running.

Thanks for the ideas guys, keep em coming.
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote