View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
tarakian
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Moe told me a story that a whole crate were made (15?) for a contract in South Korea, as part of a test program for military training. If the program was successfull, an additional 1000 were going to be ordered. But the Korean General overseeing that program was found guilty of massive corruption, and executed? something like that. So, maybe another 15 are floating around South Korea? You could bling them out Gangnam Style.

I did once contact Lee Wheelbarger years ago. There was a video of him shooting one but he told me it wasnt his. Stressshot INC had contracted him to build a custom scope mount for a client.

Anyway, rare, obscure guns are way more interesting. I mean, really rare guns. Not what PBN might call "Rare" (ie a mass-produce gun with a sticker)
I asked Moe about that and he said that the two prototypes that were made and borrowed (and never returned) by StressShot were the only ones ever made. There was talk of a deal with South Korea, but it was delayed. As I recall, TASO was to act as a go between on the deal and wanted MontNeel to send them samples. The feeling was that there was too much of a possibility that they would simply copy it and cut MontNeel out of the deal. There was a lot of discussion on how to protect the companies interest and the deal eventually fell apart.

Feedback
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote