View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #385 (permalink)
Lohman446
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I kinda sometimes wish speedball would just hurry up and die already so we can all stand over its lifeless body and stare down disaprovingly while poking it with a stick. But than my general attitude is that any kind of Paintball playing is better than nothing... Even if speedball is kind of a cancer
Speedball will never go away entirely. Nor should it. Speedball is a lot of fun. It can be a tremendous amount of fun with pump markers (especially when everyone is using them) and can be a lot of fun with ramping markers as well. In areas with limited space it may be the game that is available. I think the problem I have with it is the amount of focus it has garnered. It was never the central portion of the sport it was made out to be (I think, I don't have the numbers). We also need to know what behavior is acceptable in speedball, what we need to alter, and what are speedball only behaviors that should not be encouraged in regular play.

My issue is not with speedball. My issue is with the cheating that goes on it (and is sometimes glorified) and the bleeding over of some aspects of it into other aspects of the game. Yes I know cheating existed before speedball but there is something about the current speedball crowd that seems to accept it

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 10-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.