View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #17008 (permalink)
Deuce
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydarm View Post
How do you avoid mildew doing this? This is the kind of situation where you would specifically want to wash them as soon as possible upon arriving home.

Besides an Automag, I really don't buy into the oil in asa deal...especially with a poppet. You want the poppet surface clean of debris and lubricant.

I took 6ish months off without airing anything up to no ill effect. Just bite the bullet and break down/lube it all properly. At least do it with the precious S6.
I've been doing this since the mid '90s. I do what works for me and I don't buy into the consumer gimmicks. You can ask the guy below how meticulous I am with my gear and paint. It's borderline OCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
I keep my bag in the garage and there's air holes in the bag so eventually everything dries out and becomes crusty like the evil crusty socks we used to wear as kids.
Lol, speak for yourself. I've always taken care of my feet. The only time I've had socks like you describe was Afghanistan and those ****ers went into a burn pit. I still swear they became living sentient beings. They friggin' stood up by themselves man.

Besides, the "Evil crusty" socks weren't supposed to be worn on your feet anyways. You were doing it wrong.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote