View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rage 01
MCB Member
 
Rage 01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary - Canada

The TPX was left at our shop for about a year because the owner did not want to pay for the new shells that he broke. He pulled the nut threw the top because he tightened it up way too much. My fix for that was to make a bushing that would hole it together and also would make it so the TPX could not be pulled threw the stock. I found a old A5 16inch rifled barrel with a bent muzzle on it. I cut the muzzle off and trimmed the back of the barrel down so it would fit in the TPX shroud. I then found some delrin hanging around the shop and made a loudner mostly to cover up the raw end of the barrel. I then decided that it should shoot first strike rounds. Got the mill/dremel out and cut a nice little "D" shape in the breech. I used a exacto knife and cut a "D" shape in the mags as well. I wanted to use the a 12 gram to power it, but could not use the front chamber because it was blocked off from the stock. Well that would mean I would have to use the remote part to power it, so I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg barrel muzzle.jpeg (36.2 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpeg barrell cut.jpeg (24.5 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpeg bushing.jpeg (30.2 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpeg barrell trimmed.jpeg (29.3 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpeg marking of first strike.jpeg (36.4 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpeg first strike breech.jpeg (36.4 KB, 336 views)
__________________
M. Carter Brown FEEDBACK
Rage 01 is offline   Reply With Quote