View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Manning
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by baader View Post
So you didnīt stop the game? If someone looses a mask I yell stop the game as loud as I can. Probably even cover his head with my body. After itīs safe to move I will deal with the mask.

Iīve seen someone take shot in the eye, it came through a net. One of the most scary things Iīve witnessed.
My first thought was to secure the kid, which is what I did. Luckily he was behind the castle and couldn't get shot where he was at. I physically held his mask in place and yelled to the ref to let us out and walked the kid to the dead box.

I've seen a post about what you talk about (maybe it was yours?) and honestly that pic of the dude with the messed up eyeball has me wearing my mask when I'm in range of a field, regardless of netting.

This thing all happened so quick, and out of view of the ref, so he really didn't have a chance to do anything about it. However, as some have said here, the guy handing out equipment could have prevented the situation too. Stay safe out there fellas.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote