View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
Lohman446
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uticus View Post
After wandering off a poorly taped corner of a woodsball field at a scenario game a couple years ago, and spending the afternoon lost in the woods, I now write my emergency contact number on the wavier. Most fields around here ask for a phone number on the wavier, and since I live alone, I write the emergency contact number on it instead.
Every race I have run has a waiver as well. However it occured to me while running one race that if I were to become unresponsive during that race finding my particular waiver would be an issue because I was running with no ID - even if they were able to match waivers to participants it would take time.

I also note that I play paintball with no ID. Granted I play where people know me and could find my ID in my truck but this is not always the case.

If you had an unresponsive 14 year old at the field because of something like bee stings (happened at one event I was at, parents were there though) would you know who to contact and how? If this number was on a set of dog tags or a bracelet - or even written on the "entrance wristband" you would.

My suggestion is for those who play paintball alone that they write at least a phone number on something they have on them - even if it is as crude as a sharpie on your forearm.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote