View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
sniperfan
Active Member
 
sniperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Usually at my desk.

I've repaired a few right and left feeds that came out due to abuse. It's hard to get them out without scratching them up, though.

I'd probably try to make a threaded plug that goes into the neck, and a clamp on the outside.

On re-attaching them, I'd scratch up the area of the feedneck that was covered by the receiver, degrease with brakekleen, and glue it in with good quality epoxy- In this case i used Brownells AcraGlass. JB Weld would do a great job too.

I would carefully run my pinkie inside the receiver via the feedneck to see if I could feel any sharp edges. Sighting through the rear of the receiver should confirm that the neck is 100% lined up.
sniperfan is offline   Reply With Quote