View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dr. VonDeafingson
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Yeah, reading a little more, this is sounding like it is only the pilot, and the series itself was never picked up and already canned. Which is disappointing, as the way a few other people had been talking about this I was under the impression this was the pilot, in full, being released as teasers to drum up fan base support for the full series being launched in the new year.

As for Caprica, what parts strayed from the storyline? Maybe I missed a few points from BSG, but I was getting the impression that they were sticking with things and filling in stuff that wasn't really mentioned one way or another, with a few elements having shifted into legend. (Which is one element of human life that I often see missed when people write early prequels, and they show everything as it was said to have happened, and forget that things can go one way and be said to have been another later on. Victors write the history books, along with revisionist historians and what not.)
There's another part airing Friday so who knows how many episodes will air online before the actual show's launch in February.

Caprica had many deviations from the storyline, but here are the two biggest ones that stick out to me.

1. William Adama died.

2. Zoey invents resurrection for the cylons in caprica before the cylons are even rolled into service. In BSG the final 5 are revealed to have granted the cylons with resurrection after the end of the first cylon war.

Caprica was initially pitched as a completely separate series from BSG, but the execs at scifi had the script changed to include the cylons and the Adama family. So instead of being a potentially awesome standalone series, we got a lame BSG spin-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote