Thread: Myth Regulators
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
EgoPossum
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
I have always been hesitant to use a regulator that lacks an LP burst disk. I guess if you have a piece of macroline you don't mind exploding...

They actually have a LP bleed off that is hidden behind the gauge. It functions like your LP burst disc, the usual culprit for the LP disc blowing is worn out orings on your piston (well that I have seen working in the shop).
I have the ones with the HP burst disc only and never had a problem with my macroline blowing at all. I do clean them from time to time and lube the seals.

I could see if the seat gets damaged it causing a problem and there being a spike down the reg. I remember talking to the old techs for GA about this and I cannot remember what they said about that.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote