Thread: Myth Regulators
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Inflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Interesting. Any idea how it actually functions?
In my experience, it doesn't.

A member here on MCB shipped me a brand-new (he said) Myth reg- the smaller kind, without the LP burst disc. What I didn't know was that it was missing the piston seat. When I used the tank on my Phantom, the reg free-flowed. The bleed hole didn't blow, but the Phantom's stainless hardline did- right out of its compression fitting. I ended up getting some wicked poison ivy blisters fishing around for all fittings that landed in the chrono station.

That wasn't the first time I've had trouble with a Myth reg. I had another one (used) that where the output pressure would spike over 1000psi when it was filled, then slowly creep back down. I could watch this on my Phantom's valvebody gauge. Turned out the piston seat wasn't missing on that one, just worn.

To Guerrilla's credit, when I mentioned this problem on MCB they happened to read my posts and sent me, free of charge, an entirely new piston and seal set. I used those parts to repair both regulators and they've functioned perfectly since then, but I am keeping my eye on them.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote