View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #8690 (permalink)
LilShank
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
It is a mild steel, used for a while until it too ran into bending/breaking problems.

Brian had told me he had intended to do the latest ones in brass, though I'm not sure that is the case anymore (mostly because of cost I believe, though I told him the brass would be much better than the aluminium he had been using, regardless of series)

EDIT: To add, I think that the brass would be stronger, while being easier to machine than SS. I could see where anodizing the current designs would help tolerances, albeit the fact that the anodizer they use tends to have anno that's on the thin side (just look at all the dust black Gen1's, heck my feed tube got scratched just from being put on my desk.)

And to throw my hat into the ring, I do like the current version of the piston, I still use the "thinner" one as of right now with no issues. Taking the "set it and forget it" approach has worked out for me so far
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB

Last edited by LilShank; 11-18-2012 at 01:18 AM.
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote