View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #138 (permalink)
ApoC_101
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Successful people do what unsuccessful people don't want to do, you should find a way to do stainless efficiently, maybe price aggressively and go for volume? A lot of people have stainless barrels that would want this service, including me with my one piece dye boomstick. But I'm not desperate for it so I won't pay a ton to make it worth someone's trouble.

Edit: do you cut the internal o-ring grooves so the insert doesn't slide out when you take the barrel off? That's a nice feature
wait, so you want him to start offering stainless barrel boring for aggressive pricing to offset the pain in the *** of doing it, but you won't pay a ton to make it worth his trouble... and expect others will? As if there is this big untapped market of old, stainless barrels needing to be freak bored... there really isn't. and this is going to make him successful since nobody else wants to do it?

PS, I don't know of anyone that puts those oring grooves in, for various reasons I won't bother highlighting. Good freak boring jobs are a proper fit to the insert and don't need that oring anyways, it's just adding additional work and expense into the operation.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote