View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Deuce
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I take a little bit of issue with that thread. Everyone always likes to call out how shipping to Canada IS NOT MUCH MORE, yet the same flat rate box is $32 to Canada vs. $10 to the US. 3 times the cost is pretty significant, no? And I know, that's a Priority box, but often that winds up being cheaper than doing non-Priority in your own packaging.

...now if you'll excuse me I'm off to ship a high-end marker to Canada .
This is true, but one has to realize they have different price scales for standard Priority (US) and International Priority.

I'm surprised this thread comes up as often as it does. I use the K.I.S.S. principle. When shipping I always use USPS Priority within the US. Outside of the US I use USPS International Priority with big ticket items. If the buyer isn't in a rush I'll go with USPS First Class to help him save a few bucks.

I always figure in the expense of shipping (Which has never been more than $38 to Canada with all the trimmings) into my prices when I sell things, it makes it easier on everyone. On the flip side, I also always avoid sale threads that have prices at or above market value with shipping not included. It's not hard to figure it out, I shouldn't have to do the work for the seller.

As far as UPS, screw that company with a large rusty corkscrew.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote