View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
CCM Photographer
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamitch View Post
That isn't too bad! Actually very good. First I'd start by getting some seamless white paper ( the widest you could find ), that would alleviate the seam you see in the background. From there, if you have or are using a tripod to hold your camera, experiment with the shutter speeds to see if you can brighten up or overexpose the background. The longer you have the shutter open, the brighter the image will be, but you know that already.

You might try using your on camera flash to put some fill in there and see what that looks like. If you're using Canon, just try starting with the ETTL setting on it ( basically your letting the camera figure out the flash output power). If that doesn't look good or looks funky, then go to manual output on the flash and maybe start with 1/8 power and see what that looks like. Oh, forgot to mention to keep you lightbox lights on while doing this too!

That seam you see is a piece of paper that covers an aluminum plate that I use to keep the markers standing up. The box does have a curved sheet of paper in the back to eliminate the box panel seams but I have been a little hesitant on poking holes in that ( for the plate pins ) because I am constantly moving the plate around. I think the paper is more of a crafting / wrapping paper. Very white.

I use a Canon Rebel EOS XS 1000D with a 18-35 ( or maybe 55, I don't remember) lens and tripod. I'm still new to DSLRs so I don't quite know my way around the camera just yet. I did need help setting it up but I've been experimenting with it since then and have probably broke stuff in the process . I don't recall the shutter speed or other settings so I'll post back in the morning.

Edit:

I'll need to double check but I think I am shooting in AV mode in F11 so I think my shutter speed and ISO are automatically adjusted for the F value.

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 11-28-2012 at 12:47 AM.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote