Thread: gangnam style
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #160 (permalink)
martix_agent
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
I'm so happy this is still going...
Not too long ago, I took a trip to Lao. The people I was traveling with turned me on to this phenomena. Here we were, in a hall way, in a hotel, in Lao, watching the video on an I phone and here comes the desk clerk, with a couple to show them the rooms. She (the lady of the couple, not the clerk) is appalled and says "really guys?" we're like, Oh yeah and she says "I'm Korean and I'm so sick of this, I wish it would just go away..." We're like No way, too awesome! We get to Vien Tien and they are playing the video in bars and in night markets... Every time we heard it, we just broke out into the dance. Such good times! I'll always associate Gungnam Style with that great time. By the way, Did you know Gungnam was the fashion district in South Korea?
Yep. a girl i work with speaks korean, and she said this song is about nothing, and is crap. damn it has a sick beat though! This is the problem though. In that live video, NOBODY in the crowd has any idea what the words are, or what they mean. they're all just jumping around being blissfully ignorant.