View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Manning
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Redux/VKC Duck and Retro 7 owners: Stock class pistol recommendation needed!

I'm on the cusp of my next marker purchase and was considering a Redux. I've been doing my homework and read several reviews and have since changed my mind. I am however interested in the new VKC ducks since this model seems to have solved the pinching issues that plagued the Redux. I am also interested in a Retro 7 and would be slapping a magnum kit on that if I decided to go that route.

A little about me:
I've played stock class off and on for about 4 years and having been playing paintball since 92. The stock class markers I have owned have been; phantom, multiple PGPs, a PUG, and a Super Stocker.

I'd love to hear from folks that have owned a redux, retro 7, and a micro phantom - but if you've owned at least two of these please answer this question:

If you had to choose between a VKC Duck, Retro 7, or a micro-phantom, which would you get now and why?

If the VKC Duck eliminates the pinching problem of the Redux, is it the champ? Does the Retro 7 equal or best it in terms of performance, coolness, and upgradability? Or for the cost, am I better off just building a fully upgraded micro-phantom and just save monies??

Any input is much appreciated.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote