View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #187 (permalink)
Slim
I'm Stock Classy!

More Tactical Assault Command photos...

Photo of the "blue team" with quite a few TAC members taken during a regular play day on Bravo Field at Strategy Plus circa 1986. Back then, over 65 people on one team was just an average day...

Fall_1986_Blue_team.jpg

Our team photo in APG, and I'm unsure of the date of the issue. According to the article it says "we've been a team for over 5 years", but that would mean the article was published in '91 or '92, and I know for a fact that isn't correct. Given the other photos of constant air guns on the same page, I'd say the issue was from late '88 or '89. The 5 year claim was an obvious (to me) bit of hyperbole as we formed in 1986, and the photo was probably taken in late '87 or early '88.

TAC_APG_article.jpg

Center photo of Slim and Troy in APG from the PMI/Skirmish tourney in the Poconos. Date on the page says 1989. Note the oil can hopper on the SI Bushmaster...

APG_scan.jpg

On Sunday, October 9th, 2011 we celebrated our 25th anniversary (1986-2011) at Strategy Plus in East Hampton, CT - one of the oldest paintball fields still in operation (est. 1983).

I'm sure they may be older teams around, but to my knowledge, we are one of the oldest teams in paintball that is still playing with over half a dozen of its original members. The best part is we only play stock-class paintball in the woods for fun (the way paintball was originally intended to be played), and some of us with the original guns we bought back when we first started playing! I'd love to find out how many other teams out there that can make that claim!

Below is a photo from our 25th anniversary Fall game with six original TAC members (Bucky, Leo, Slim Ron, Craig O and Todd), along with Jim Iuolo (owner of Strategy Plus), Charlie (who joined in '92) and Todd's daughter.

TAC_Group_Shot_01.jpg

Click on the Tactical Assault Command link in my sig to check out a ton of old school photos on our TAC FB page...

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback

Last edited by Slim; 01-10-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote