View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #163 (permalink)
ironnerd88
Four-eyed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Not a fan of single elimination. I know its on another day but that means you get a team together and travel for what might be two games. It would be fine if it were tacked onto the end of the day I was already there and had played a bunch of games but I am not travelling to a day of paintball that only gaurentees me two games.
Hmmm... good point - forgot about "Travel Teams". And it's even worse than you say. Single elimination guarantees only ONE game... That has a high potential for "suck".

So the options are:
Another Round-Robin.
or
Double Elimination.

Either has the benefit of getting more money to the field owner buy making the season a little longer.

Of the two I would like to see another Round-Robin, simply because every team plays every other team, and then use single elimination for tie-breakers.

Would that be a bit more palatable to you'se guys?

I know that I expressed everything in "Weeks" but for the particularly hearty field crew, it could all be run in "DAYS".

It could be introduced as "whatever gun you want" League - but keep the hopper and paint limitations. If the league works out, add more divisions. Open, Mech, BB, Pump, Stock, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
Loving your topic drift. I think that would be an awesome format. Have an AC division an AM division a BB division etc
I think it would rock as well. We'll call it "Manufacturers Cup". You think your gun is the best... Now prove it!

Additionally - Young Guns, Adult, and Old Fart divisions (dreamin' huge, I know - but why not).

And for those who need to burn a LOT of paint in a short amount of time, "Unlimited League" .68 caliber paintballs at 300 fps. Outside of that, go for it. (yup... dreamin' super huge).

But for the record, I still think the goons with the blow-backs will have the most fun. I mean, how cocky and "punk kid" can you get with a mech blow-back...(eh... I'm sure someone will find a way).

Last edited by ironnerd88; 12-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote