View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
MEDuck
Addict.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAG View Post
Hi,

Few morsels of food for thought. Rural Route or City Route? Makes a difference. Rural carriers are generally paid for the route not per hour. City carriers get paid per hour and will take the time to drop the package to the location. Could be a fill in as some others suggested.

Also it looks like a UPS or Fed Ex job to me. I know for fact that some UPS drivers will park a small package or parcel delivery in a mail box because of their numbers matrix. Fed Ex (especially home) will drop some of their shipments at my mailbox which is only 20 feet from my door by straight line or 35 feet via a walk around the fence and deck. The UPS guy will always put the package at the door. Same with mail carrier.
It's definitely a rural route but the normal carrier always has brought packages to the doorstep, that's why I feel it was a new guy or a stand in. Definaely USPS also. It's right on a heavily trafficked road so i could imagine someone grabbing it and driving off without a trace.

I've had the same problems and more with UPS and FedEx so I strictly ship USPS nowadays. Much less of a hassle.

Feedback Please!
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote