View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
The question is, would you be willing to pay $650 for a ZoomCam system for yourself?
Thoughts?

Oh, here is a recent video from my last event, using my old version ZoomCam.
The short answer, no. Here's why: I'm currently developing my 2nd gen gun camera. It's basically an GoPro Hero2, with a 50mm lens (made by ragecams), and a picatinny mount (mounted to my adjustable riser). The only thing I'm missing- a lens protector- I'm kicking a concept around that will use the stock waterproof case. For the gun camera, I normally crop the view anyways (to maintain 1:1 resolution and not obscuring the POV) so, I should be able to manage image stabilization in post processing. The 50mm lens is ridiculous zoom- reading street name signs over 100yds. Here's a video showing the difference between it and the standard GoPro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40feZ5hq4Ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdabmb View Post
There are a vast majority of products out there. I would save you money and time and use it for personal purposes.
Actually, when it comes to zooming into the point to where you can see your impacts beyond 75ft, I disagree. I can't think of one product off the shelf and I can only think of a handful of custom solutions, including my earlier version, and FreeEnterprise's.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote