View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #79 (permalink)
Post Whore

Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
I find high rate of fire, unlimited paint paintball BORING.

I can hold my own using a stock class gun against electros or AT pumps with Rotors. I don't want to.

Last time I did, most of the game I kept my head down, taking an occasional shot that either connected or didn't, followed by ducking and hearing 500 paintballs make a mess on the front of my bunker. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Game ends (we won), I decide to go home, pick up my fishing gear and go do something I enjoy.

To each their own but I won't be playing any more paintball that isn't "exclusive". It bores the arse off me.

Completely agree. I've played with my pump against speedballers it was still boring. I've never felt at a disadvantage due to Rof fire or lack of. I use the gun I like period. All speedball is is dudes standing around Leaning in or out. Lean out shoot a rope. Lean in watch a rope go by. It's boring. It's 2dimensional too. You can't really flank. There's some snake sneaking g on occasion but other than that it's tactically boring. It's the same thing as why I switched from chess to Warhammer. Chess is too confines and restrictive. Also I like the mix of equipment I find in the woods. One guy might have a pretty low profile mag fed gun making him a challenge to catch his extremities. Another guy might have a pump and a completelyddifferent play style. This forces you to diversify. But than again I feel that many of the scenarios I've played In the past were pretty repetitive too. Not so much lately. Pure and simple speedball is boring. I really don't see the appeal. As far as choice of handicap I use whatever I like. Regardless of the restrictions. Unless the restrictions are below the tech of what I'm using. In which case I'll either accommodate or not play.
If you want to talk email me.
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote