View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lohman446
MCBs armed pacifist

I would not worry too much about the finish options.

A) You are not starting with a gun with incredibly high resale in the first place
B) Carry guns get beat to death. I have worn the tennifer finish (or whatever it is) on Glocks. Even my stainless revolver is starting to show some signs of carry. There is nothing you can do to prevent it showing signs of wear - you just are not going to.

Because any carry gun you are going to carry is going to show signs of that it is going to lose value. You are not starting with a gun with remarkably high value to start with or one with great resale value. Buy it, carry it, and accept the loss of value. Better yet buy one that someone else carried for a year or so and already took that hit in value and don't worry about it. When you feel it is "too worn" to carry (I don't think that ever actually happens) replace it. Trying to prevent that wear is throwing money away.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote