View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #96 (permalink)
NSGSplatmaster
MCB Member

Keebler, thanks for the post, I was responding to the content of the posts and not "at you". Also, in retrospect the distance was a lot farther than 50 feet; it was about 45 - 50 yards. I don't know how I goofed that one up, woops. Wind and sun is an irritating challenge to deal with. I recently got hosed at a tournament because my schedule wise, I was always looking into terrible, blinding sun; the type that visors and shaded lenses and holding your hand up into your face can't fix. It sucks.

Iron - What sets me off is that I and a decent amount of people I know have gone to considerable lengths to support and promote different styles of paintball. There is so much attempt at insisting that "Game X' is better than "Game Y" that it's hurting EVERYTHING. I'm also experiencing the same problem in competitive pistol shooting. As some people here know, I really did not play a lot of paintball this year compared to what I used to play (I played a little recball and about 13 tournaments). I primarily shoot a revolver. The revolver division tends to be a niche division with a relatively small amount of people that participate. Some of them are more "social" shooters who insist that the comradery among other revolver shooters is what really drives them to participate. They always sit around talking about how to get more participation for the revolver divisions and it turns into cyclical and pointless proposals and arguments. At the end of the day, people don't shoot revolvers because they're seen as antiquated and because shooting revolver is DIFFICULT, especially in certain formats where all guns are mashed into the same division. Shooting 6 bullets and having to reload 6 individual bullets into 6 individual holes is harder than shooting 10+ and stuffing in a magazine. Some shooters have proposed to FURTHER compartmentalize the divisions and make new, more specific gear subsets. Others think the format needs to change to allow other guns in but cap the magazine capacities at 6 bullets to give people a 'taste' of shooting revolver. None of these proposals ever seem to amount to much. Doesn't this sound familiar?...

Either way, I don't get it. The arms war is over. PSP and NPPL have capped BPS limits. You can get ENTIRE gear setups that are capable of this rate of fire and of reasonable performance for as low as 300 dollars. For the people that want to hold onto fake magazines and put rails on everything, there is more support than ever before for these products among both electronic and mechanical platforms. We have more DIVISIONS than ever before, going down to Division 5 (and when counting the Young Guns division in CFOA, Division 6). The only PROBLEM that is left right now isn't the industry, it's the players. They're whiny. They either want more prizes and cheaper paint or they only want to play with people they think will play "their" style of paintball. The net result is the same; we don't play the tournaments we want or we get bored, and we log onto here and bitch about it.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote