View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Almost forgot about them. I remember when they used to market to paintball :P

I feel that it's worth discussing how various pads hold onto you as I've tried several types and brands and only one stays in place through my woodsball games where I'm springing diving and sliding. I wear my pads under my pants as I prefer to a

The problem I have is that all of the ones that rely on elastic material and elastic straps work their way downwards, even the dye models that have the silicone textures designed to increase friction (or remove my leg hair, one of the two). The main cause being that our knees are narrower than our thighs. For those designs that include shin protection, an elastic strap at the bottom exacerbates this.

In my case, I've found the perfect (at least for me) knee pad but, it's no longer in production. What I like about it:

Open back design- allows my legs to breathe.

Two, non-stretch, adjustable straps that lock above and below the peak of my calf muscles (gastrocnemius to be specific). Once tightened down, the pad does not slip ever, even when I'm wearing underarmor underneath them.

A flexible top strap that's there only to keep the top portion from folding down over the lower portion. It came from the factory in neoprene that will stretch out of time but, it attaches via velcro so, if necessary, I can trim or replace it, and just sew on the velcro.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote