View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
biftip98
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patar View Post
and mag fed/first strike is going to blow up pretty soon
I hope you are correct... but I don't think its going to "blow up" as much as you think it will.

While I am sure mag fed use will expand, a poster above you said it correctly when he stated that the manufacture who produces the cheapest mags wins (or something along those lines). In order for mag fed to be practical and fun, you have to have enough mags to allow you to play for an extended time frame. Extra mags are expensive and reloading mags on the field is a pain. Furthermore, I just don't see a young, entry level kid spending more money on mags for his Hammer7 (for example). I see him just using a hopper and buying more paint, or just saving the money on mags to upgrade to a better gun.

FS is cool, and "better" than traditional paintballs yes.... but again the issue is cost. Buy more paint and play longer or shoot a little farther? For your avg rec baller who plays on smaller type concept fields the advantages to FS are even limited since you are already within (or close to within) the max range of a standard paintball from the start box anyways.

Short version for those to lazy to read:

I think mag/FS use will increase slightly, but I don't think it will dramatically increase since there are still significant added costs to their use over standard .68
biftip98 is offline   Reply With Quote