View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
HP_Lovecraft
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Rap4UK View Post
Very true. After lots of searching the AVERAGE is $750-$800+
There is nothing wrong with your asking price. Members here are skilled in the art of lowball. They will make you doubt your asking price.... then "save you" by offering a much lower "reasonable" offer.

I think about 2000 SMG-68s were made. They were briefly popular, but made worthless as soon as the 68-Special came out. Tippmann offered conversions to upgrade the SMG-68 to 68-Special for $75, and nearly all were converted.

Thats what makes them so rare. So few were left unconverted. Mostly players that probobly quit the sport around 1990, and never bothered. Plus, with the current mil-sim retro trend, and the fact that it shoots 68 caliber paint ups the value even more.

Note: That 7oz "all weather" tank should be exempt from hydro. Mine is, and I still use it all the time. Granted, the 7oz is not that usefull, but the valve/siphon is, and could be installed on a 20oz.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote