View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Minimalist (near barefoot) Combat Boots

Just passing this along for woodsballers interested in minimalist footware.

Apparently, Belleville Boot (long time combat/tactical boot manufacturer) has released a minimalist (5mm drop) tactical boot called the TR10*.

Given their published stats (below) it appears that the photo may be a little deceiving when it comes to the sole thickness. I suspect (I don't have a pair yet myself) that the sides actually come up a bit much like my Vivobarefoot Ra's (minimalist oxford).

Presently, they're selling in Black (TR102) and Tan (TR101), and Sage Green (like the U.S. Air Force boots, TR103). Onto the stats:
  • A true minimalist boot with a 5 millimeter “drop”
  • Exclusive Vibram® “Tarsus” oil and slip resistant rubber
  • Highly breathable unlined leather & nylon upper
  • Double & triple stitched seams for enhanced durability
  • Padded Achilles support
  • 8” height
  • Less than 2lbs per pair

The only question I have is 'how wide is the toe box?' When I first got into barefoot style footware (I have running and working shoes now), I tried the Nike Free line and they felt to narrow in the toe, so I expect that the Nike SFBs are similar as well as having too much EVA.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote