View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
The Nike sfb looks good too

It would be nice if there was a store near me to try these on
I hate just going off reviews alone. Depending on price I could get into these. I've never wanted to try the vff cause of the individual toes. But I wear something akin to chucks now during games and have no problems. But than I also put an arch support inside mine. I've also though of getting the minimus trail shoe I think they have. I'm not gonna a wear one with bright colors.

Do any of you who wear minimalist foot wear find that for trail running and generally woods type stuff you like it but hate iit for track running. I don't know what it is but when I run on a track or a treadmill I need a heavy heel cushion
If the Nike shoes weren't so narrow in the toes, I'd recommend the SFB as a transitional shoe -meaning go from regular boots to the SFBs, learn how to run and walk in the SFBs, and when ready to ditch the padding, move to these boots.

You have to learn how to walk and run in true, minimalist shoes. Most likely, you're still landing with your heel, and the track and treadmill aren't as forgiving as the earth in the woods, or such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoPossum View Post
If you are looking at starting with minimalist type footwear I would suggest reading some of the helpful tips on sites like birthdayshoes.com and vibram5fingers.com

Make sure to acclimate your body to wearing the minimalist boots properly and you will love them
Quoted for Truth!!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is online now   Reply With Quote