View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #53 (permalink)
Steve_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
Seems my crew has only run into the bad refs, or, complete lack of, in most of the engagements, even ones that happened within site of the nearest capture point. Nearly every time i needed a paintcheck, it took about 2 minutes of one of my guys running around to find a ref to go check the location. And, all the 'refs-in-play' i encountered didn't exactly glow with sportmanship. Not to mention the fact they don't enforce the rules very well when actually on field, or seem to have a full understanding of them...telling my teammate he is "out" b/c he ran out of paint to shoot, happened atleast once each of the times i've gone up there. Glad they are removing the oft-abused/misused choppers this year.

Then there are the field hazards, like old half-buried metal fences. As someone who assists in running a field i tend to look for these things more than average, well, when the hazards aren't tearing my clothing.

It is a nice field, don't get me wrong, and definitely on the top part of the list of fields i've played at, but certainly not the golden rainbow.../rant

Back OT...yeah, not sure if i'll be as willing to make the drive with if it is $80 or more, my crew likes their wallets. I know other fields charge more (we've been to some of them, and its one of the reasons we won't go back), but seriously, there is no reason to, especially when the paint always seems to be not-quite-right for the big games.
The refs lately have been pretty decent. (the ones i've encountered.) I had one year where a ref was calling out team colors. He told a couple red players that there were yellow in the woods right near bravo when in fact it was me and a friend, who were red team as well. he kept calling out colors. I ended up getting shot out by a fellow red player because of it and the ref made me leave the field. I was pissed. I stopped at West point and told the ref there about the dip **** ref at bravo. The ref said "they can't do that! What was his ref jersey number?...your still in!" and he wiped my hit and let me keep playing.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote