View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Was just reading this:
HHA Optimizer Speed Dial Crossbow Sight Mount Review

First page is a bunch of crap. That's why as a shooter you learn to perform scope hold over and under depending at which distance your scope (if a standard crosshair) is zero'd and at which distance you are shooting. If you can't figure that out, then you shouldn't be hunting.

E
Well, on that basis, one should be against any sort of Ballistic Drop Compensating (BDC) reticles, i.e. the multi-point shotgun, bow or, crossbow sights, or even firearm optics and any optic with inputs for elevation adjustment. They all do the same thing but, less effectively.

There was some crap on that review page talking about how crossbow bolts are sealed and behave differently under different temperatures and pressures... Temperatures and pressures have nothing to do with sealed or unsealed projectiles.

Not that I care what's acceptable for hunting- I have no need or interest in it. But, for accurately adjusting a point of impact for a given range, I think it's a nifty little device.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote