View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
MEDuck
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
there are no lessons because there is no unified way to play, not even a unified way to maintain equipment. who would pay for lessons that won't fully translate to future equipment?

we can't even convince CURRENTLY EXPERIENCED individuals to accept fundamental basics of how to play and how the equipment works. look around, you'll still see people who think some guns shoot further than others with all else being equal. go start a lesson, some noob will start asking if he should buy a rifled barrel, and it's only a matter of time before another player argues with you when you say "no."

newcomers are bombarded with sales buzzwards and jargons before they even learn the first step. everyone's here to make a buck. i myself would have never played without the introduction through a trusted friend.

and unlike snowboarding, we have actual rough kids.
I have to disagree, There is a unified set of basics that can be taught. Im not sure if you have refereed before, but you see it all the time. Rentals that don't know how to move, how to choose angles, and how to think of the game in general. If they have the option to be taught, they can learn to have a good time. I know for a fact that if I encourage a rental to bump and he gets to the frontline and gets shot out, he had a better time than the kid sitting in the back hiding from the other players.

And the whole thing about rifled barrels is going to happen anyways. All you need to do is explain it to them. If they know you are more knowledgable, they will take your word for it. If they don't, prove it doesn't work. Same with freezing paintballs, snipers, and all that good stuff. No offense, but your opinion in this section seems arrogant. Give em a chance, you might be surprised.

Good experiences lead to returning customers. I liked the video, keep em up.
MEDuck is online now   Reply With Quote