View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Post .683, 3.11g Tiberius Arms First Strike Round

Applying the math to a .683, 3.11g Tiberius Arms First Strike Round that Punkworks shot in a dual chrono test with a smoothbore barrel (I'll update this comment if we can recover the data or re-test).

Testing conditions: 1k ft altitude, 70*f

I calculated the Ballistic Coefficient demonstrated for each shot and the average, corrected for standard environmental conditions (zero altitude, 70F) is:

I'm going to solve for the form factor here as it will come in handy when making predictions for other virtual First Strike rounds. Numbers rounded for readability. Final Number accurate to four decimal places.
.0162 = (0.0069lbs/.683^2) / i

.0162 = .0.0147 / i

i = .9070
Data and Graphics derived from exploitation (I use Chairgun Pro, software specifically designed for airgun ballistic calculations):
Note: All initial velocities are 300FPS.
Maximum Range: 178 Yards
Angle for Max Range: 32 Degrees
Terminal Energy: 1.388FtLb
Velocity Vs Distance

Drop Vs Distance

Energy Vs Distance

Time Vs Distance

Distance Vs Deflection Caused by 3MPH Wind (a wind strong enough to drift smoke but, not strong enough to move a wind vane, you would barely feel it).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote