View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
UV_Halo believes that after about a year, the polystyrene the shells are made of begins to stress fracture and then the paint starts to dry out, rendering it useless.

Ty
Oops misconstrue. I've noticed leakage in some but, not all rounds. About drying out and becoming useless, that was a rumor I've been passed.

As for the OP, I've not had any problems with rounds in my Tiberius. Then again, I'm not using an adjustable bore system, and my gun is a blow forward.

That being said, what sizes were your inserts? I ask because the casting seams are super thin and should shear off when placed against any significant load.

Depending on who's philosophy your following, you should be between .687 and .690 (which is my recommendation).

The casting flaws I see are typically fringes on the skirt trailing edge (sticking up between the fins) and the injection point on the nose (often differently sized and not perfectly centered) I've got no evidence of it negatively affecting flight though.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is online now   Reply With Quote