View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Railgun
Post Whore

"Outlaw" groups. Who plays that way?

It's been a while but I have a lot of fond memories of the outlaw group that played up in some woods area where I lived a few years back.

Now by "outlaw" I mean a group that gets together and plays with no commercial or club range or any rules other than a sense of honor that is expected of the players.

So who all plays with such a group on a regular or occasional basis? I guess I'm curious if it's all about the commercial fields or if the sport is alive on a lower key sort of club like manner.

The group I played with was a wild and crazy bunch from a WIDE variety of backgrounds. We had everyone from serious milsim "operators" playing to guys that had serious speedball setups. Yet somehow we all got along just fine. And NO ONE wiped or played on if hit.

A few times I saw a guy with a possible hit would call for the shooter to check him. Once he found there were no team mates around to check he'd yell to the shooter that he was coming out for a paint check. The shooter would check and call him out or clean. If clean the guy would get back under cover and the fun continue.

This impressed me so much that there was one time that I recieved a few hits but NONE of them broke. I called myself out anyway just because. I figured that if I were "brushed" that many times that I deserved to be out.

To me the whole group was a great bunch of honorable sportsmen and wonderful to play with and against. They definetly proved that "outlaw" can simply mean "not commercially organized" in the very best sort of manner.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote