View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
accatone
MCB Member

New (Again) to paintball

I'm very happy to be a part of this forum and of the general paintball community again after a very long hiatus....

I "discovered" paintball in 1989 via an issue of Paintball Sports magazine that I probably still have somewhere. I started playing in SE Michigan in 1991 at the age of 13, and ate/slept/dreamed paintball daily until the late 90s, when college/beer/girls took over my time. I used to play mostly at Lone Wolf in Almont, MI and Splatball City in the old Packard plant in glorious decaying Detroit (as well as LOTS of outlaw & backyard play). I used to ref at Lone Wolf on Saturdays and play for free on Sundays, so if anyone here worked there or played there regularly from 92-95 I'd love to hear from you.

I've lived in Phoenix for 10 years, and a few weekends ago got dragged out to play at Cowtown with my boss and his son. I was instantly re-hooked, and went out and bought some new modern gear and have been trying to play every weekend since. The tech has changed a LOT in my absence....I started playing when the 68 Special was the king of the field, and ended up being an Automag guy (which I still have and have lots of tech questions about getting it up & running....). I picked up an Empire Axe LE PDD and am amazed how smooth and fast it is, but I still have a soft-spot for all the vintage guns I longed for in my youth (and which I'll probably buy several of from the forum here...)

Anyways, sorry to be long-winded....but it's a rare rainy day here in Phx and I can't wait to get out tomorrow and check out a new field in Marana AZ (Disruptive Paintball). Looking forward to learning from and contributing to the discussions here.
accatone is offline   Reply With Quote