Thread: Pistol Tactics?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Manning
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
before I picked up the TipX I was in a fire support role shooting 3000+ rnds a day. Now I rarely hit 500 and I'm getting roughly the same number of elims.
That's the coolest part for me. Look up AgentSmith's "final" post. You'll find a treasure trove of pistol info and if your Tao is strong, you may learn to master the Tai Chi pistol and one day perform the mythical tactical cartwheel.

All foolishness aside, check out his thread. Though you did type the word "pistol" into this thread, which usually summons him.

I prefer spring fed guns for their greater capacity and cheaper cost of tubes combined with the ease of carrying said tubes. Aside from marker preference, the pistol tactics are the same. I don't have the legs or knees I used to anymore, so I usually only get to mid or back positions off the break. From there I try to get an idea of how the battle is going and move to flank where I can. I also recommend teaming with a hose guy, who can keep guy's heads down. When they are cowering, make your move and get those elims. It sounds like you are already doing this, but pistoleros in general need to let go of the "I'm outgunned" mentality. When you get in a close quarters engagement where it's bang bang bang and someone is out, how many typical shots are fired? 3-5? If you go in with a fully loaded TPX, you are more than covered. Long balling where you can reload in peace is no issue, as you've discovered.

Sounds like you have all the basics down. Just keep it up to get more experience and share your tips/tricks with us!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote