View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Ah I understand now, we must establish the conditions under which my bluff is called so that I don't later complain my magic 'is SO magic'...

It's like we're communicating from different worlds. ...
It seems internet isn't serving either of us very well in this case. I was getting the impression that you were being condescending to myself with comments like:

Quote:
...Well, all I can tell you is that I shot someone in front of 70 witnesses at 500', december 29th, by firing A SINGLE regular paintball at 270fps or I would be more impressed...

...As a fellow paintball player and MCBer I felt a call to help you hit more people since you seemed interested...

...To put it simply, I can shoot at people from farther away than you can and hit them better as well...
While giving a snapshot/resume of your experience and offering a service that you assert I would find to be invaluable.

With all that being said, I never meant to offend but rather illustrate how important good testing is to myself. If I can find a way to test it, I would like to move forward. My own limitation being no indoor fields within four hours so, I will have to work with others to make this happen, if I can.

Just to be clear- I personally could care less if someone found some miracle that made regular paintballs perform even 10-20% better in regards to range and accuracy. I don't shoot regular paintballs anymore and I haven't in a couple years so, this is purely academic for me, and only likely to benefit others in the paintball community by providing data from which they can form their own conclusions about.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Last edited by uv_halo; 01-30-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Cut down the original quote for readability.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote