View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #904 (permalink)
SpinDoctor15
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
My personal thought on mag feed/semi is most players won't or can't control their ROF and it will get expensive real quick. Thus it will be self defeating unless FS gets really inexpensive.

I think a mag fed semi-auto would be a lot of fun but the cost of feeding it would eventually be its own demise in the gun I grab to go play with.

I think it has its place but if people think $80 for 2000 paintballs are expensive they certainly won't be buying 1000's of rounds of FS. do the math. .35 x 1000= $350 Thats 4 cases of expensive paint.And when you shoot paint thru you FS gun it becomes just another paintball gun and you lose your advantage.

Yes we will build a mag feed but it probably won't be a semi.
Actually, this is EXACTLY what I want! Mag fed, but bolt-action. I am really looking forward to seeing it, where do I sign up/get in line?!

I used to play with a MacMurray Marauder I fashioned into a stock with bolt action, and it was really fun but still had that unsightly 50 rd hopper on top. My next thought was to try and replicate the First Strike-modified AT-85 over in the ATS forum, but although it works (mostly) for that user, it's not an optimal solution. That's why I'm so glad to hear CCM is pursuing a purpose built model. It would be really nice to see mag fed using these cartridges, what an incredible marker that would be! And that would still set it so far apart from other markers...

Are you also considering the use of the to-be-released Scarab Arms rounds? Are they the same exact parameters as the First Strikes?

I'll be watching with interest, and ready to sign up for one of your future mag-fed SR models!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote