View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
DocsMachine
Mad Science of Paintball

If there's no serial number, it's either not a factory WGP body, or it was fly-cut on the side to thin it and/or shave off the numbers. Mic the bottom half of the body just above the VASA. If it's nominally 1", it wasn't milled down, and thus not a WGP body.

The vert feed is, however, decidedly not WGP. Most stock verts had an extruded body with a pressed in neck. The milled boss for the neck makes me think it's either an AKA Merlin body, or... who was it, Air America that did a limited run of vert-feed raw bodies, back when WGP was selling vert body kits for like $350?

I seem to recall the AA bodies had the WGP-style male threads for the feed neck, milled into the body. Unscrew the neck (or look down inside) and if there's no evidence of a pressed in neck, that's probably the body.

Anyway, the milling is pretty much all custom. The front block is, I think, a relatively late model KAPP unit, and the backblock is an older KAPP make. Bolt looks like a Shocktech, and the drop's a Centerflag.

Can's say it's the most attractive marker I've ever seen, but if it works well, who cares?

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote