View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #89 (permalink)
Trbo323
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarson11 View Post
I kind of wonder why nobody thought of this before, seems like a great idea.
Because spools have been getting simpler, designs have come a long way since the days of a hundred o-rings and very long bolts not to mention noids have been getting smaller, a standard spool (take a DM for instance) is essentially a stacked tube already but the lower tube is just for the LPR and solenoid. if you start with a design like that then you would need a 3rd tube for the marker

but this is pretty smart, chuck the noid into the frame since it is small enough and use that lower tube for the pneumatics. I am assuming this is unbalanced since I have heard nothing of an LPR though, not that it could not be balanced but that is not the norm if you do not have a LPR anyone know different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling500 View Post
It's nothing new, the shoebox shockers were stacked tube spools. .
comparing this to the shoebox is like comparing an 1800s steam locomotive to a modern F1 racer

shoebox was closed bolt with 2 noids with one controling the bolt and one the valve system. and while it is true that it was a spool it was just barely a spool, that o-ring seal moves about the same distance that a poppet valve does, just replace it with a face seal and you have a poppet. not to mention the parts on that thing were enormous, it got an astonishing 500 very efficient shots off of a 68/45 and the only reason it was smooth is because it weighs the same as a full size truck

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote