View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Manning
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Yes yes...

I got home too late to get any decent pics so I'll have to put some up later this week.

The first day out was good, but I had some issues that I think were due to the field paint more than anything. The event I played in was the Chili bowl at Xtreme in Millsadt, IL. It was 31F and windy when I got out of the car and there was about 3-5 inches of snow on the ground so it was a pretty chilly day. There was a pretty good turnout, and the game was a blast. The paint, not so much. I showed up a little later in the morning and when I went to get paint they told me "all we have left is Heat." I've never used this brand before but it was freaking tiny. It rolled through my .679 insert from time to time throughout the day. When I got home and mic'd it I got some that were .664 and .667. Some of it was in the .680's which explained the shots I was seeing. I use a stalker vest and had my 12gs on the vest throughout the day and was having low velocity problems. I started keeping the 12ies in my pockets and noticed a huge difference. We all know 12gs and cold don't mix well.

I got out twice and had 4-6 elims (I know I hit two people but so did a bunch of my team mates so its hard to say who got the actual kill) and was shot out twice myself. I also smoked a guy who didn't see me, and wiped it off while looking around. I plugged him again and he scurried out of his spot but I saw him a few seconds later firing away from a further bunker. My shots were nice and straight for the most part though I did get a couple fliers, which I blame on the balls, but otherwise the distance was much shorter than it should have been due to the velocity issues. I did get the valve squeak/pop for the first time when I was in the shiz and pumped it too hard. Scared me a little when it happened, but I didn't get that more than three times during the day. I was able to smoke a guy in the knee from a nice distance and was pleased when he shouted back "Nice shot."

I can't wait to play with this in warmer weather, but until then I'm ordering springs and bits and bobs to tinker with it.

Pics coming soon...
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote