View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

SR-1 Load-Out Gear

Let's Talk SR-1 Load-Out Gear

Well it's time to get geared up for the season. So I thought I'd visit a topic yet to be discussed, your SR-1 load-out. Personally I like vests, they are slim fitting and offer torso support for long days on the field. However the economy being what it is I really didn't want to buy a new vest when I still had my stock class vest sitting in the closet.

Surprisingly I think you all will agree it all came together quite well. I would love to actually play in a ghillie suit, but if you've ever played in Texas or Oklahoma in the summer you know the heat makes that one of the least desirable options available. In all honesty a vest gets quite hot itself. I may look for a more breathable option but for now this will do nicely. The coolest feature is the fact that cap less ten round tube panels work perfectly with the SR-1 shells.

For my project I choose to place all my shells on the right side which makes reloading very fluid. Directly behind the shell panel I have a nice sized zippered dump pouch for empty shells. On the opposite side of the vest I used another cap less tube panel for the use of holding my 12gms, pretty cool I think you all will agree. For those of you who don't want to lug around pounds of energy draining gear this is the only way to play.

Fully loaded vest weight: 3 lb 8 oz, SR-1 weight: 7 lb 10.5 oz throw on a camel back and your set for the day.

Ok I showed you mine now show me yours.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote